Friday, February 22, 2008

Dontcha think it's weird...

that even an Obama "Follower" raises doubt about his cult-like persona? From what I can see, those I encounter who wish to see him ascend to the throne haven't the faintest clue about his history, his policies (neither does he) nor his "republicanism;" yet, all they can do is hop up and down on one leg with arms outstretched and with glazed eyes raised heavenward, shout "yes we can!" Craig Crawford had a nice article this week entitled "Yes, we can What?" which would have been quite humorous were it not so painfully on target.

I did toy with switching gears and playing with John McWad's latest little scandal but I was too busy retching buckets of blood just over the imagery. So, once again, here's a bit of Obamarama trivia...it's funny...we've been using the Kool-Aid line related to the rightwing sheeple but now, given what I'm seeing around the Obama Cult, I have to wonder who it is who's REALLY drinking the Kool-aid these days.

From the Boston Herald:

Click here: When backing Barack feels like joining a
cult - BostonHerald.com

When backing Barack feels like joining a cult

By Margery Eagan Thursday, February 21, 2008
http://www.bostonherald.com Columnists


Photo by AP

I’m an
Obama girl and my man throttled Hillary Clinton, again, Tuesday night.

Suddenly, the impossible is real.

Suddenly, I’m nervous. Very
nervous, actually.

I’m nervous because an otherwise normal grownup told
me yesterday she’s watched the will.i.am (Black Eyed Peas) “Yes We Can” Obama
video about 100 times and gets “weepy” every time.

I’m nervous because a
longtime political type, normally quite cynical, now waxes rhapsodic about
Obama’s “cool.”

“He’s elegant, controlled, the best-dressed candidate
ever,” he says. Never a red tie, yellow or bright blue. No, Obama does a subdued
lean charcoal gray suit with a gray or silvery tie. Everything muted, measured,
fluid. “He floats onto the stage, a bit of the Fred Astaire thing going.”

Fred Astaire?

This same man, 100 percent anti-illegal aliens,
fears Obama could pull a Reagan or a JFK on the Mexican border, head down there,
chanting, “Tear down this wall!” or even do an “Ich bin ein Tijuana!!!”

He’s with Obama anyway.

I’m nervous because Harvard political
genius Elaine Kamarck told me Hillary understands the various messes we’re in
far better than Obama.

Suppose Kamarck’s right?

I’m nervous
about the “O’Bambi” factor. Will the terrorists move in next door when Obama’s
in the White House?

I’m nervous because Michelle Obama, about whom I
just wrote a fawning puff piece, now says that until her husband’s stunning
ascendancy, she’s never before been proud of America. Huh?

Barack now
claims she didn’t mean it. Oh, yes she did. We all know the insufferable,
holier-than-thou, Blame-America-First types who lecture the unwashed from the
rarefied air of Cambridge and Brookline.

If I wanted lecturing, I’d be
with Hillary.

I’m nervous because too many Obama-philes sound like
Moonies, or Hare Krishnas, or the Hale-Bopp-Is-Coming-To-Get-Me nuts.

These true believers “Obama-ize” everything. They speak Obama-ese. Knit
for Obama. Run for Obama. Gamble - Hold ’Em Barack! - for Obama. They make Obama
cakes, underwear, jewelry. They send Valentine cards reading, “I want to Barack
your world!”

At campaign rallies people scream, cry, even faint as Obama
calmly calls for the EMTs. When supporters pant en masse, “I love you!” (like
The Beatles, circa 1964), Barack says, “I love you back” with that deliciously
charming, almost cocky smile.

Oh - I’m nervous because it’s all gone to
his head and he hasn’t even won yet.

I’m nervous because it’s gone to a
lot of other people’s heads as well. Maryland Congressman Elijah Cummings
introduced Obama last week in Baltimore and said, “This is not a campaign for
president of the United States, this is a movement to change the world.”

“He walks into a room and you want to follow him somewhere, anywhere,”
says George Clooney.

“I’ll do whatever he says to do,” says actress
Halle Berry. “I’ll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear.”

I’m nervous because nobody’s quite sure what Obama stands for, even his
supporters. (“I can’t wait to see,” said actress/activist Susan Sarandon,
declaring full support nonetheless).

I’m nervous because even his
biggest fans can’t name Obama’s accomplishments, including Texas state Sen. Kirk
Watson, an Obama-man who humiliated himself when MSNBC’s Chris Matthews asked
him about five times to name something, anything, Obama’s done. Watson hemmed.
Watson hawed. Watson gave up.

I’m nervous because John McCain says
Obama’s is “an eloquent but empty call for change” and in the wee, wee hours, a
nagging voice whispers, suppose McCain’s right, too? Then what?

Article
URL:
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1074977

No comments: