Friday, September 04, 2009

*Yawn*

Any of you who have followed this blog since its inception would have had no trouble at all labeling me a card carrying liberal. And had you done so, I'd have said, "ya, and proud of it!"

Fast forward now to November '08. Specifically, the day after Election Day.

It wasn't easy nor impulsive the day after when I changed my lifelong affiliation with the Democratic Party to re-register as an Independent. Right up to that time, I believed that I stood with the party that represented the values and ideals I espoused though the erosion of that belief began as I watched the primaries unfold in horror while watching liberals, progressives and Dems self-destruct before my very eyes as I saw them begin to march in lock-step with their candidate - The One. The "one" WHAT I wondered to myself as I saw people I'd trusted appear to take total and complete leave of their sanity in embracing a candidate with no experience, frightening connections to Bill Ayers, The Rev and ACORN, obvious racism to anyone who understands that not just one color of skin can qualify one as racist, arrogance beyond anything we'd seen to date, and oh, so much more beyond the scope of this discussion. It was a decision necessary for me in order to be able to live with my own conscience which doesn't allow me to affiliate with an entity I pretend to belong to for the sake of societal labeling. Though a Democrat, there were times I did vote for a Republican because for me and many others like me, I don't vote for the party but for the person, policies, records, values, platforms, etc. Admittedly, we didn't have much of a choice in 2008 given we've done nothing but continue to vote for career politicians and putting our own selves in the position of always having to choose between the lesser of two evils. But for that, we have only ourselves to blame. Which, by the way, is why I continue to hammer that we need to vote out all incumbents and impose terms limits. Also another story.

After all the "hard werk" that was done in the early to mid 2000's, I couldn't wait for the moment that the bush cabal would be history - you see, I believed that nothing could be worse than that administration with its illegal wars, crimes against humanity, war crimes, the economy, global warming, and all the other issues typical liberals were screaming about during those years. I knew that though the reign of terror was devastating to live through, at least it was finite. 2008 had the promise of a new dawn with the polls showing that finally, it looked like the Dems could pull out a victory that could not only repair the damage done to our nation but could restore and renew our country in the eyes of the world. Ya. That's what I thought. How 'bout you?

So, how naive was I? Delusional perhaps? Maybe. But worse, I was wrong. Dead wrong. I hear my mother's voice in my nightmares: Beware the devil that you know versus the one you don't and man, was she ever right. WTF is this devil and how come we STILL don't know him???

Hope and change we can believe in. What was that supposed to mean? Did anyone know? Do they now? I sure don't. What I do know is that the specific changes promised have yet to materialize; in fact, the changes are the only thing he keeps changing...first it was single payer healthcare, then public option, well, then maybe not so much and now, it's the "spirit" of the public option we're channeling - but that's only after the back room deals were made with Big Pharma and insurance companies of course - wasn't there something in that lofty campaign rhetoric promising to "change" K street or is it only Emeril who believes that "pork fat rules?" Pelosi calling us "unAmerican" when we protest and dare ask questions so angrily that I thought the sutures behind her ears would split...Conyers can't even be bothered reading bills he'll sign without his attorney present which is probably ok given how much time HE'S having to spend with lawyers with the little "trouble" he's got going on...Barney Bailout Frank insulting constituents as they exercise their rights as Americans in holding legislators accountable and on and on and on....The leaderless Republicans barely have to lift a finger - they'll win scores next round simply by default now that the Dems have managed to dismiss us and spit on us for daring to question their corruption. Why can't Americans wrap their collective mind around the fact that BOTH parties are corrupt as the day is long? Why do we keep sending them back to Congress so they can screw us again without even having to beg for more?

And ya gotta love the "death panel" business...first it's there, then it's not, then no, it never was, and then they're removing from the bill what never was and oh, what's a person to think! Well, after much fancy dancing, they cleared it up as mud....nope...no death panels in the bill at all....BECAUSE....IT'S IN THE STIMULUS BILL!!!:


H.R 1EH, pfd version: pgs 445, 454 and 479 refer to the electronic encoding of medical records; pgs. 442-446 refer to the national coordinator of health; pgs. 511, 518, 540-51 define "meaningful user"; and pg 464 refers to the comparative effectiveness.
Signed on February 17th.



Anybody know whether we're still in Iraq? Oh, what's that? More troops to Vie..oh, Afghanistan? Well, now wait just a minute...wasn't the candidate of hope and change going to end the war(s)? Must have heard that from someone else. But that's ok...at least he closed Guantanamo....didn't he??? Oh no, THAT'S right...Eric Holder's holding "investigations" - but don't worry, Cheneydevil, he's already said it's one of those pesky limited ones...you know the kind...where hands are tied before the ink is dry...just ask Patrick Fitzgerald if you have any questions, ok? But please, do us a favor though and crawl back in your coffin. I'm sick of seeing you and the rest of your kinfolk in front of the camera...the light's not good for you and you're hurting my eyes, ok?

I hear our Foxophobic obsessed Dear Leader will be taking to the airwaves again (and again and again and again) but this time, it's the children's attention he wants. Homework and all!!! Will he be grading it too? Giving them stickers with his face on it? Or sending them to Guantanamo Playground if they fail to find a way to support their president given he's retained the right to secret rendition?

And the swine flu "pandemic." Don't even get me started. But if you want to avoid exposure, then stay the heck out of Massachusetts...their senators have lost their minds and passed a bill making compliance mandatory and those who don't submit are subject to forced quarantine and a 1K fine....like it? Maybe they should have done a little research on the WHO (no, not Pete Townsend) and the CDC before they came up with this dastardly piece of legislation. Go look it up if you don't believe me. I don't do your work for you - I have enough of my own just trying to follow the day to day corruption. I wonder if there's a Swine Flu Czar - geesch - I've lost count - talk about a pig in a poke.

And yet another treat awaits us as the "Messiah" will give yet another doublespeech when the Congressthugs return to OUR House after their month long vacation earned from working sooo hard on our behalf. I wonder if he'll be ordering them to take whatever new insurance scheme he comes up with as their OWN policy? Ya think? And surely the kiss-ass, wolves in sheep's clothing AARP will stand in endorsement, wanna bet? How many thousands of educated seniors have dropped AARP now? Kudos to them but clearly not enough yet. They all don't get that he's not in it for their best interests - just like the Jews. Well, maybe they'll both be waking up soon....THAT'S the kind of "hope" I can believe in. The same kind I feel as I watch his approval rate falling daily in the polls....

A cup of tea, anyone?



VOTE THEM OUT! ALL OF THEM! Then, election reform and TERM LIMITS!!!

No comments: