Friday, February 12, 2010

Drownin' Days

Warning:  Rant and Flight of Ideas Below


I'm really startin' to about lose it now - how 'bout you, dear Reader?  Are you as fed up as I am with looking around you and wondering what in the world is happening to this country?  Don't know where to seek Truth vs. "truth according to the bias of the individual reporting it as "Truth?"  I'm so sick of petitions, blogs, including my own, or pundits on whatever side of the political spectrum they lean on....or, how 'bout this?  How about every time you surf the channels that inevitably, in some fashion, in some way, whether a blip or an extended bout of coverage, I look at the face of this prez with his mouth moving and each time I see that I marvel at how.....at how....at...well, just HOW can I be seeing and hearing what continues to make no sense to me?  Do you ever feel like your whole value system has suddenly either a: gone topsy-turvy or b: gone missing?  I can't seem to tell truth from fiction any longer whether it be on the cable networks, except for a few isolated cases, the print medium which I've all but discarded at this point because their slants are so obvious and I'm not interested in that...I want news...unbiased...untainted by some journalist who forgot what the rules were instead of reporting facts as spouting opinion - uh, like, duh, who CARES about their opinions???  I want facts - ya, as in "just the facts, ma'am" kind of facts.  And I continue to have trouble finding them.  And as you know from reading this blog, I'm a huge proponent of one researching facts; though I refuse to do that here on this blog FOR you, I continually encourage, ya, even cajole you to do the research yourself.  I practice that.  I do that.  On a daily basis.  Sure, some days less than others but hey, that's life and sometimes, we all need a break from it.  It's scary out there.  At least the things I'm seeing are.  I've never been so frightened for not only my country but for the entire world right now.  I see political madness all around me - on BOTH sides - let me restate - on BOTH sides which has only served to alienate me from whatever brand of extremist kool-aide seems to be being served and it makes me want my head to spin right off my shoulders.   The labeling we do of each other in this country is a phenomenon unto itself.  Democrat.  Republican.  Right.  Left.  Conservative.  Progressive.  Liberal.  Fundamentalist.  Sharia Law. Constitutionalist.  Libertarian.  Green.  Catholic.  Jew.  Negro.  White.  Stupid.  Ugly.  Islam.  You name it.  You get the point.  It never stops.  And the struggle around those labels is mind-staggering.  Does it suck your energy up to think of it or watch it unfold, forcing you to take a step back just so you can at least say "wow?"  Sure does mine.  It's exhausting.  I'm tired of having to contemplate corrupt people who we elected - gave them their jobs - only to watch the average American struggle more and more not only to stay afloat but also to survive.  I want these corrupt Congresspeople out of their jobs - how 'bout you?  I'm sick of being told one thing (called campaign promises) and watching the liar of the day turn around and do something different that is u s u a l l y NOT in our best interests - but theirs.  I know for a "fact" that MY Congresswoman, Rosa De Lauro, is living pretty well.  Why, just last month I read about the amazing dinner parties she throws for her colleagues so they can sorta catch up and outline their issues.  In her DC diggs.  Must be nice, huh?  Even nicer to be Pelosi's BFF.  Surely THAT must curry up some lovely favor.   And to think.  She and I attended the same private, all-girl's, most prestigious, Catholic high school in all of this "elitist" Connecticut - Lauralton Hall - also known as The Academy of Our Lady of Mercy run by the Sisters of Mercy.  Oh, for sure, she was years ahead of me but still, you folks who know how those schools are know that there's this like, um, "sisterhood" kinda concept thing out there...sort of like how the medical profession sticks together?   And how the lobbyists stick to the big wigs in THAT gang?  Kinda like that.  Bet you thought I was gonna pick on Rosa, huh?  As I've promised in several previous blogs?  Well, I am.  But not right now.  I'm too disgusted to focus on any one thing.  A few things filtered in over the past weekend while I was actively trying to take a break from watchdogging it lest I go insane - like the little business of the prez not once, not twice, but THREE times "mis-speaking" (remember THAT word?) the word "corpsman" presumably WITH a teleprompter while Sarah Palin had a few words jotted on her hand.  "Wow" was all I could say.  I couldn't get my mind around it all.  Because it leads to bigger questions...and, more of them!  And sometimes I just want to have the power to wave a magic wand and have them all immediately fired with good, honest, decent people committed to the idea of representation of the people and to exercise their will.  I can't even TELL you how many times I've called DeLauro's (not picking on her) office and not received any concrete answer about a thing.  Oh, her staff is lovely...we have some lively chats to say the least - they're great.  They really, for the most part, know how to take it.  And we have to cut them a break too.  They're only doing the job they were hired to do which is to protect those people from us when the irony is that is ought to be the other way around these days.  Another layer.  I wish I could tell you how many times I've had to be the one to inform them that something is out there floating on the internet that I'd like to have an answer for and they have no idea what I'm talking about until I provide the information.  So how come I'm not a paid staffer then?  Ya.  Think about that one.  It's frustrating, imagine?  If you happen to make calls like that, you already know what I'm saying.  Some days is drownin' days just popped out of my fingers.  I remember when we were talking about "Bush Fatigue."  'member?  And that was after 6 years or so.  I'm at the point that I worry whether my angst over The One could lead to a seizure I get so worked up just seeing his dead eyes!  And every time I turn around - there he is.  Pre - PRE - Superbowl Interview!!!  I was disappointed.  I was certain I was going to glance at the 20 yard line and see a podium and teleprompters set up to precede the half-time show.  And then, I'd be saying to CBS, "Wow" - incredible finale - cuz once again I ask "Who Are You?"

VOTE THEM OUT!  EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THESE OPPORTUNISTS WHO FORGOT WHO THEY ANSWER TO!  ONE VOICE, ONE MESSAGE.  WE THE PEOPLE HAVE HAD IT!!!

No comments: