Sunday, September 10, 2006

Five Years Beyond the New Pearl Harbor

Somewhere over the last few days, I ran across the words: "celebrate 9/11." My first reaction was "hmmm." Something hit me about it and not sure what, I began to toss about the word "celebrate" in my mind.

Celebrate. My association to that word is party. Taking it farther, I thought of other meanings attached to that word. I thought of the Catholic term, "celebrate Mass." Ok, I thought - that seems closer. Adds the thought of solemnity. Ritual. Intention. I didn't want to go much deeper than that so I thought I'd get right to the point in my mind and went to the dictionary. Here's what I found according to Webster:

Main Entry: cel·e·brate
Function: verb
Pronunciation: 'se-l&-"brAt
Inflected Form(s): -brat·ed ; -brat·ing
Etymology: Latin celebratus, past participle of celebrare to frequent, celebrate, from celebr-, celeber much frequented, famous; perhaps akin to Latin celer
transitive senses
1 : to perform (a sacrament or solemn ceremony) publicly and with appropriate rites
2 a : to honor (as a holiday) by solemn ceremonies or by refraining from ordinary business b : to mark (as an anniversary) by festivities or other deviation from routine
3 : to hold up or play up for public notice
intransitive senses
1 : to observe a holiday, perform a religious ceremony, or take part in a festival
2 : to observe a notable occasion with festivities
synonym see KEEP
- cel·e·bra·tion/"se-l&-'brA-sh&n/ noun
- cel·e·bra·tor/'se-l&-"brA-t&r/ noun
- cel·e·bra·to·ry/-br&-"tOr-e, -"to r-; "se-l&-'brA-t&-re/ adjective
I don't think anyone could really argue that the above does not accurately describes what will occur on September 11, 2006.

Where were you that day? I mean the question for you is to really stop a moment and revisit in your mind where you were that day when you heard.

From then till now, where are you in terms of understanding the truth of it all?

I'd really love for you to share your story in the comments section. It's a good thing for all of us as Americans to talk about it. Healthy for healing, which we still haven't done.

That day united us. There are those who've done nothing but polarize us. Leaders lead. Deciders decide and dictators divide.

As then and now, my heart and soul bleeds for all those in pain still suffering from 9/11. The day of year is no harder to contemplate now than it was September 11th. My fellow Americans, we must unite again and grieve as one.

Once again, we must go through it. Together. But this time will be different. This time, the politicization of it will be clear. We are no longer in shock. We're certainly out of denial and definitely no longer bargaining.

We are stuck. Stuck. Stuck. Stuck. Together as a people we are stuck at the acceptance stage of the grieving process. Here's why. We're stuck there, unable to accept what happened to us that terrible, shock and awe day because we do not know the truth. We do not know the truth because we have been lied to...all along the way. By most of our elected (and un-elected) leaders.

Until we know the truth as a people, which we can hear and process now because we are no longer in shock, we will not be able to accept the truth of September 11th and come to terms with all we must do now for us to survive.

"Truth and Justice - the American way."

Let that be so. Let it be true. Let none of us ever again accept blindly as truth anything that comes from the mouths of current career politicians invested in their personal power. Look to Lieberman as an example as that.

After five years of following daily that which is associated with seeking the truth of 9/11, I have come to only this. The truth has not been told. Not Republican truth. Not Democratic Truth. The Truth. "The whole truth and nothing but the truth."

I do not claim to know the real Truth of September 11th but I do know some of the lies. And they're whoppers. Most of you know that, too, those of you who arrive at this blog. And ya, that includes you Lieberlurkers. You know it too.

Let us celebrate five years since We, the American People, had one of the worst perpetrations of a crime committed against us. Let us commit to one another that beginning the very anniversary of that day, we will seek the truth and not stop until we find it. Then, we will hold those accountable in a way that Justice is served, so fragile right now since the Supreme Court was hijacked with people like Joe Lieberman's encouragement and backing. All those involved must be revealed, "Sir" Patrick Fitzgerald. Don't let us down. Truth and Justice, right? The American way, right, sir?

I have no answers. I do have ideas. So do you. Among us, with civil discourse, we can find the answers. I have Faith in us. We, the People.

"Blessed are they who mourn for they shall be comforted."





The thoughts and opinions of the above express the author's point of view only.













No comments: