Friday, May 12, 2006

Dear Mrs. Bush...

Dear Mrs. Bush -

You are a mother. I am a mother. I know what it is to lose a child through death. And through that knowledge, I would like to appeal to every part of your being and beg you, beg you, to make this madness stop.

You are a woman. I am a woman. I know how strong women are and how influential they can be in the presence of testosterone. You seem very kind to me. I'll be honest and tell you that I did not vote for your husband nor would I ever but that's not what this is about. It's about the deepest, most inherent respect for all of life to the extent that when threatened, demeans every single one of us, whether it be an American, an Iraqi, a Jew, a Christian or an atheist. It is about following the path that Jesus chose, non-violence and forgiveness. It is about doing to our neighbor as we would wish it done to us...the words and meanings of Jesus Christ are very clear. It is through His life and words that I wish to appeal to you as a mother, a wife and a nurse. We must, must stop the killing in whatever labeling it's given.

Please, Mrs. Bush, for the sake of all humankind, will you exert your lovingness, intelligence, righteousness in every area that you can and make sure that we do not bring more killing upon the earth God lovingly made for us?

We have a bond. Let us strengthen it and always let us keep our eyes toward the light and truth who's source is the holiest of Holies.

I know there will be a huge protest outside our White House this weekend. I am there in spirit as I cannot travel (probably on a no-fly list anyway because of my views) but were I to be there, I would want to hold your hand, look you in the eyes, probably with tears, and simply say, "Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. Bush, to you and to all the mothers of the world."

Thank you for reading. And may God bless you and your family.

A broken-hearted mother,

MF

No comments: