Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Senator from CT Responds.....

As promised, I'd said that if I should happen to hear from Senator Nomentum, that I would share his response with you.

Recall that when I wrote him, (see previous three blog entries) I selected from among the topics available on his website, the topic of "Nasa/Space" to test whether or not he does in fact read the mail his constituents, aka employers, send him.

Behold "Joe-in-touch-with-CT Voters" reply. I believe you are capable of forming your own conclusion without any further commentary from me except to say that it looks like I don't need to do any special grocery shopping relative to my dinner invitation.

Copied in its entirety minus personal demographics:


May 25, 2006

Ms. Mary ***
West Haven, CT 06516

Dear Ms. ***

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding my record in the
United States Senate.

While I realize that you disagree with my stance on the Iraq war, I want
you to know that I take your concerns very seriously. As you may know, I
have been a consistent supporter of the overthrow of Saddam Hussein since
the end of the 1991 Gulf War; and I continue to believe the United States
and the world will be safer when a functioning and democratic Iraq is
established. However, I do believe the Bush Administration has made
significant mistakes; and I have not hesitated to voice my concerns about
them.

I was first inspired to public service by President John F. Kennedy; and,
throughout my many decades of public service, I have always been guided by
the core values that our party embodies - social justice, equal
opportunity, and tolerance of diversity. As a result, I have voted with
my party in the Senate 90 percent of the time.

I strongly believe the Senate should act in a bipartisan manner when it is
in the best interests of Connecticut and the country. That means being
open to ideas and solutions that I believe will serve my constituents
best, regardless of who else in either party supports them. Important
legislation and priorities often stall in the Senate because partisanship,
on both sides, precludes honest efforts to pass meaningful laws. It is
often necessary to work across party lines to build enough support to pass
legislation that benefits Connecticut.

I regret that you disagree with some of the positions I have taken, but I
appreciate hearing from you; and I hope that you will take the opportunity
to review my full record of service to Connecticut by visiting my web site
at http://lieberman.senate.gov. I believe you will see that I have
consistently supported legislation and issues that reflect the progressive
values of my Connecticut constituents.

My official Senate web site is designed to be an on-line office that
provides access to constituent services, Connecticut-specific information,
and an abundance of information about what I am working on in the Senate
on behalf of Connecticut and the nation. I am also pleased to let you
know that I have launched an email news update service through my web
site. You can sign up for that service by visiting
http://lieberman.senate.gov and clicking on the "Subscribe Email News
Updates" button at the bottom of the home page. I hope these are
informative and useful.

Thank you again for letting me know your views and concerns. Please
contact me if you have any additional questions or comments about our work
in Congress.

Sincerely,


Joseph I. Lieberman
UNITED STATES SENATOR

JIL:adp

No comments: