Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Lieberman's Response

If it weren't so pathetically frightening, I'd find humor in the fact that Lieberman's staff can't even properly respond to the selected category the options on his website present. I have to wonder what he's got them tied up doing for him if they can't even provide the right automated reply. As noted, I checked "Terrorism" as the topic, though, come to think of it, it works for Cheney too. With that, here is Warlord Lieberman's response to my whuppin'....


June 12, 2007

Ms. Mary F.
West Haven, CT 06516

Dear Ms. F:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about Vice President Dick Cheney. I appreciate the time you took to share your views with me.

The government of the United States is unique because it structurally decentralizes, divides, disperses, and limits power. Article II, Section 4 of the United States Constitution outlines the provisions regarding impeachment. The framers adopted a narrow view of the English practice of impeachment, and it has only been carried out on a select few occasions in our nation's history. Congress must first confront whether the conduct in question falls within the constitutional parameters of "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" before contemplating impeachment of a federal official.

Elections have consequences, and that is why we should be extremely reluctant to employ impeachment except for exceptional circumstances. Impeaching Vice President Cheney would undoubtedly not succeed but would distract Congress from achieving progress on important issues such as health care, education, the environment, and global warming.

My official Senate web site is designed to be an on-line office that provides access to constituent services, Connecticut-specific information, and an abundance of information about what I am working on in the Senate on behalf of Connecticut and the nation. I am also pleased to let you know that I have launched an email news update service through my web site. You can sign up for that service by visiting http://lieberman.senate.gov and clicking on the "Subscribe Email News Updates" button at the bottom of the home page. I hope these are informative and useful.

Thank you again for letting me know your views and concerns. Please contact me if you have any additional questions or comments about our work in Congress.

A
Joseph I. Lieberman
UNITED STATES SENATORSincerely,






JIL:ae

No comments: