AGAIN, I'm SCREAMING out here...WHO IS HE????? WAKE UP, AMERICA...WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!!
*All credits to sourced writers.
Obama Threatens Stations that Play “Ayers” Ad, Calls for Boycott | All American Blogger
Obama Threatens Stations that Play “Ayers” Ad, Calls for Boycott
By Duane Lester • Aug 27th, 2008 • 958 Views
This is right out of the Saul Alinsky playbook:
Sen. Barack Obama has launched an all-out effort to block a Republican billionaireâ€™s efforts to tie him to domestic and foreign terrorists in a wave of negative television ads.
Obamaâ€™s campaign has written the Department of Justice demanding a criminal investigation of the â€œAmerican Issues Project,â€ the vehicle through which Dallas investor Harold Simmons is financing the advertisements. The Obama campaign â€” and tens of thousands of supporters â€” also is pressuring television networks and affiliates to reject the ads. The effort has met with some success: CNN and Fox News are not airing the attacks.
Later in the article:
The Obama campaign plans to punish the stations that air the ad financially, an Obama aide said, organizing his supporters to target the stations that air it and their advertisers.
Here’s the ad:
There is nothing in the ad that is false. The facts are clear and listed in the ad.
When Obama was asked about it, he shrugged it off by saying it all happened when he was eight years old, and it was ridiculous to try to connect him with it. But it wasn’t eight years ago when Ayers said:
”I don’t regret setting bombs,” Bill Ayers said. ”I feel we didn’t do enough.” Mr. Ayers, who spent the 1970’s as a fugitive in the Weather Underground, was sitting in the kitchen of his big turn-of-the-19th-century stone house in the Hyde Park district of Chicago.
That was published the day the Twin Towers fell. Respectable? Mainstream? How about this photo?
Or better yet, how about him stomping on it, with a smirk:
The facts are, as reported in the Boston Globe:
Barack Obama’s political career was launched in Ayers’s and Dohrn’s home, when a group of “influential liberals” gathered in 1995 to meet the young organizer who was Illinois lawmaker Alice Palmer’s chosen successor. In the years that followed, Obama and Ayers would serve together as (paid) board members of the Woods Fund, a leftist Chicago foundation, and appear jointly on academic panels, at least one of which was organized by Michelle Obama. Ayers would even donate money to one of Obama’s political campaigns.
Arguably, none of this would matter if Ayers and Dohrn had long ago repudiated their violent extremism. But they have always refused to apologize for their monstrous behavior. “We weren’t extreme enough in fighting against the war,” Ayers told the Chicago Tribune in 2001. In a memoir published that year, he exulted: “Everything was absolutely ideal on the day I bombed the Pentagon.” America, he said after Sept. 11, “is not a just and fair and decent place. . . . It makes me want to puke.“
Here’s a video from Powerline Blog that shows more quotes and details the relationship between Ayers, his wife and Obama:
This is a guy Obama says is mainstream and respectable? Now, new documents shine brighter light on the relationship between Ayers and Obama.
The Globe asks a question that Democrats and Independents need to consider:
Is this Obama’s idea of “respectable” and “mainstream” political thinking? If so, doesn’t that tell us something about his judgment and standards?
After all, the whole foundation of his campaign is based on his judgment.
Other posts on the relationship:
* Stop the ACLU thinks Obama doth protest too much.
* Ed Morrissey explains “Why the Obama-Ayers connection matters.”
* Saul Alinsky’s “RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.” Michelle Malkin shows how Obama is using that rule to go after GOP donors.
* Stop the ACLU has additional coverage.
* The Sundries Shack details how the Obama campaign is using threats and intimidation to squash the issue.
* FullosseousFlapâ€™s Dental Blog, where I found the Powerline video, gives us a look at Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley’s thoughts: “Theyâ€™re friends. So what?”
* Ace of Spades HQ says Ayers found the bombings to be “restrained” and “not a big deal.”
What about the murder of police? Is that a big deal?
* The Jawa Report has the same quotes, saying “This is the next Jeremiah Wright, and Camp O! knows it.”
* Hugh Hewitt writes, “Like he did with Wright, Obama will now try and persuade the public that this isn’t the Ayers that he knew, but the voters aren’t fools.”
* American Thinker show another side of “Bill Ayers - Liar and Unrepentant Terrorist.”
This could be the undoing of the Obama campaign. It’s no wonder he’s trying so hard to keep this ad off the air. It seems to have touched a nerve.
That Was CNN
7 months ago