Friday, May 20, 2005

Just Another Day

Ya know, those people who call themselves our representative leaders must rrreeeaaallllyyy think we are stupid and dumber than a box of rocks. I haven't been able to bear watching cable "news" networks for over two years now because doing so literally made me feel physically ill. The spin, the lies, the superficiality, the glazed looks, the plastic, phony, pseudo-patriots who are nothing more than party parrots have forced me to do things I'd never dreamed I'd be doing...eating dinner calmly and suddenly jumping up to scream at whatever shill was before me; shouting words fouler than I wish you, dear Reader, to have to metaphorically contemplate but words I never knew I knew myself, suddenly with great clarity understanding how Elvis could shoot out his TV ah but I digress. See? You just can't get me started on the media!

But there is one channel I can somewhat tolerate until they start leaning to the right...or left for that matter...I want my news reported objectively so I do the next best thing by watching these moneychangers live in their Senate Temple on C-Span2 ..uh oh, I started wandering again...I'll stop..I promise.

I watched part of their circus today until I had to turn it off after a parade of lying Republicans vomited out their lies and I began to consider what I might write about here today. I thought about it on and off during the day and I began to wonder why I couldn't really settle on a topic and then the light dawned. It's BAD! IT'S ALL BAD...BAD NEWS DAILY, NIGHTLY, ROUND THE CLOCKLY...unless of course, finding the runaway bride is something that can float your boat. So, I wondered, what to choose from? Well, let's see...should I write about:

* The "nukular" option? Na. I don't like that word..never did.

* John Bolton's probable confirmation? Nope. I don't like his
moustache.

* The war? The one being fought or the one at our doorstep? I'm not worried about it...I've got a yellow ribbon on my trunk.

* The new and improved Patriot Act? How could anything with the word "patriot" in it be bad?

* Bush's vow to veto the new stem cell research bill? That had possibility but when I got to the part where he said he was awfully worried about cloning, my mind played tricks on me and I envisioned his face under a microscope undergoing mitosis and now, I'm against it too.

* Small planes getting lost 3 miles out from the White House? Hell, no. What worries me more is the fact that the pilots are blind! But all's well that ends well...Norad gave that order to scramble and everyone lived happily ever after.

And that's not even the half of it. But it's the end for me because having to think about these things will have me soon screaming at my pc screen and no good could come from that. After all, it's the only place I can find REAL news.

http://www.bushflash.com/news.html


No comments: